Monday 13 August 2007

"You can tell from the lines on her face..."

I am very non-committal when it comes to my belief in palmistry, astrology etc etc. I don't believe or disbelieve. Recently, PCB was visiting a pais extranjero, and she chanced upon a man who said he could read her face (Out of all clairvoyant arts, face reading puzzles me the most. It gives the phrase " chehre par likha hai" - written clearly on someone's face - a new dimension)

Waiting for the train,and concluding that she didn't have anything to lose she agreed.

After telling her about this and that, he tells her -
"You will cheat on your husband"

And, she has been told the same thing by three other people in the past.

This is where the problem arises. Whether I believe or not, I do have an internal locus of control, and regardless of any supernatural powers controlling my fate and the course that my life takes, there are some things that I know I will just not do. Such as cheating on my partner.

The question that comes to my mind is for the people who believe in astrology, face reading and palm reading etc. - Is nothing under your control? I mean, to what extent are your actions and life predetermined?