Thursday 21 February 2008

In times of globalisation...we are glad about Uttar Pradesh

You get everything everywhere and anything anywhere these days. The world is becoming a mixing pot to an extent that places can easily steal the thunder of other places that were famous for certain things.

I mean, my greatest grievance against this is that you no longer have to go to Benaras to have the best Benarasi paan (I went to Benaras, and the paan was nothing compared to the one that Claridges Hotel wale Pandit Ji so lovingly folds up for me), or travel to Tamil Nadu to have the best Sambhar Vada. Wouldn't it be more fun if you had to make that journey and not have everything served at your doorstep (Literally, what with home deliveries being promised by even the tackiest establishments)

In such troubling times, The Holy Cow is most delighted to tell the world that you still get the best samosas and kachoris in U.P.

I mean, Bikanervala or Haldiram's just doesn't come close! The halwais of Uttar Pradesh remain unbeaten in the art of samosa and kachori making.

Someone just brought the above-mentioned delectable delights from Mathura, and I am not exaggerating when I say that I was dying with every bite I took.

It was the most perfect samosa I have ever eaten. A work of art.

The taste, the texture.... sigh! Pure brilliance.

I don't know what they put in them, but I sure am glad about the fact that the state remains the best in the business despite migration, mingling and mutations.

P.S. This is more about ideology really. Holy Cow is very glad that Panditji's paan is so close by.

:-)