Monday 9 July 2007

Venus came to rescue the moon from his solitude


These photos were taken on consecutive nights. This is their story:

The moon was alone one dark night, and Venus came to rescue him from his solitude. They were together and seemed to offer companionship to each other for a short while. Thereafter, he started to drift away from Venus. "Why don't you let me try and make your solitude disappear?" she asked him. He replied, "I have nothing to offer. This light you see shining off me, isn't mine. And isn't really there. It is an illusion that has blinded you."

She then smiled, and said

"It is only by being close to you that I can, in this darkness, find my place ,
It is only because of this moonlight that, like a star, I can twinkle,
And it is only with this light that I can find myself.
For without it, I wouldn't even be able to see my own face."