Friday 14 September 2007

Of should haves and shoulds

Things people have told me I should do/ should have done- (and a few of my own)

1. Join(ed) the Civil Services (!)

2. Taken formal training in music (now this most people tell me after I have sung a song for them. So I am not sure if they mean it as a compliment or an insult!)

3. Continued my Kathak dance lessons.

4. Opted to study science and become a vet.

5. Run a tea stall

6. Become a florist

7. Take sanyaas (basically leave everything and go live) in the mountains, or near a river (preferably both)

8. Be around animals more. They are the only things that make me happy when nothing else does. So maybe they ought to be included in my sanyaas plans as well huh?


More later...


This list is a realistic one. That is, of things that in theory, could have been done, or can be done. I have not included things like sitting on a bench and watching others live their lives- forever.


But I have not lost all hope that this too will be possible one day.