Thursday 13 September 2007

Wise words from a six-year-old

Some people say the most profound and poignant things without even realising it. A colleague was narrating the following conversation that ensued between her and her six- year- old son.
(Has been translated from original language)
Kid- So tell me, who should I love?
Mom- You should love everyone beta. Loving people is good.
Kid- No No. I mean love...like...who do I marry?
Mom- You can't even manage a shower. Marriage is far away!
Kid- I know that! But I should start thinking about love right now. I need to love the person for some time nah, before I get married to her.
(I am tempted to say it in Hindi as well- "Shaadi karne se pehle thode time tak pyaar to karna padega na. Uske baad hi to, dekh ke, shaadi karoonga")
Makes perfect sense if you ask me! Well done kiddo!